Monday 23 September 2013

Sleek Makeup at Lulu Belle Waterford

So I was trawling through Facebook as ya do one evening after work and I came across a post from Lulu Belle Beauty Salon in Waterford with a fantastic offer from Sleek Makeup. On Friday the 20th of Sept, if you spend €25 on Sleek Makeup products, you got your makeup done for free :)

I had discovered Sleek makeup a few months ago when I purchased two pout paints, these are seriously bright coloured lipsticks and I am yet to brave them in public but I love them just the same!! Sleek makeup is a seriously reasonable makeup range with loads to choose from. When I heard that a local chemist was finally stocking it, I just had to stock up!

I booked in for my application with Grace from Lulu Belle and she was amazing, so friendly and we both had great fun while she made me over. I was seated in the middle of the store but she made me feel so comfortable I didn't even notice the customers having a gawk as they went to the counter... I did realise this is mostly because my eyes were closed a lot :)

Firstly Grace applied primer and then sleek foundation with a blending sponge. Unfortunately Sleek do not do a loose powder so she used Vichy on my face and I really like the finish so I may need to purchase this soon! Grace then used the contour and blush palette to contour, highlight and add some beautiful rose gold blush on my cheeks. Because I have recently purchased the blank canvas powder palette, I bought the rose gold blush and I'm in love. You can see the pics of it on the end of the blog.

Sleek do amazing eye palette and they retail at €9.99 each (as far as I know they contain at least 6-8 colours per palette) They range from bright colours to nudes and naturals and if you like eye shadow and maybe can't splash out on the Urban Decay Naked palettes then I deffo would suggest investing in at least one of the Sleek palettes. Grace applied a bronzed smokey eye to my look.

The brow kit from Sleek is a must have for all girls who want that beautifully structured brow and for €9.99 it's a bargain. The have four different shades to choose from so as I'm naturally dark, I bought the dark kit. It has a wax and a powder colour, two brushes and a small tweezers, it's amazing!!

Sleek also have a number of mascaras which I really like and again they retail at approx €7-€10. Using the gel eyeliner (which I again had to buy) Grace created a lovely slim line along my lashes and applied some of the darker eye shadow colour on my bottom lashes.

A good trick which Grace taught me was to keep cotton buds on hand for your eye makeup, wet the tip and it helps to remove any little mistakes you may have made without having to wash your whole face.

The lips were by far my favourite part of the look... I'm a serious lover of lippies and at times have spent €20 just to get the latest MAC colour but sleek have brilliant shades retailing around €6-€8 for both glosses and lipsticks. I wore vamp lipstick and Kiss and Tell gloss and yes you know it I bought both!

Sleek is a perfect brand for day time and night time make up, it is so reasonably priced and yet have a huge range of shades and products. I will be heading back to get the foundation soon as I can, it stayed on all evening and no patching whatsoever.

The chemist to purchase Sleek cosmetics is in the Waterford Health Park (Opposite Walsh Park GAA grounds)

I also highly recommend paying the girls in Lulu Belle a visit, the service is brilliant and even in the crowded shop front I was made to feel very comfortable. In the coming weeks I plan to try out the HD brows in Lulu Belle so will keep you all posted on how it goes.

That's all for tonight ladies,

Stay beautiful,

Emma x






No comments:

Post a Comment