Monday 16 September 2013

Inside my Treasure Trove!

So after deciding yesterday to take on this blog challenge, I thought where better to start than inside my makeup kit.... I say kit but I mean drawer set, I have literally got THAT much :)

I also decided to show you the proof of this by attaching pics of all my toys. I guess you can see that really I have built up quite a collection but as I stated yesterday and I will be clear to state when discussing makeup, I am not a makeup artist, with this in mind I would like to share with you the insight that I have gathered in learning how to perfect my own look.

Throughout this blog, my plan is to visit different makeup artists around the country and learn some new tricks off each of them. I am sure that with each professional technique, I will get the opportunity to use some of the many products I have already invested in.

When I started my "collection" I was a serious MAC head. I think living in Waterford it was such a novelty to be able to purchase anything from MAC, I decided I should own it all.... needless to say my bank account didn't agree with me! I found that buying MAC made me feel like I was exclusive, however, I still found I just couldn't get the eye shadows to blend like they had on the girl in the shop, my lips although wearing the lipstick really needed the liner and that my cheek bones seemed destroyed in blush rather than highlighted and glowing.... Sounds more like a 6 year old trying on their mums makeup than a 22 year old spending an hour trying and still not happy.

Over the years I have discovered a number of new brands and products and I don't base my choices on price or fame, I am a marketers dream.. If its pink, shiny or promoted right I will want it!! 

Rather than take you through each and every product I have here is my current Top 10 Products I cannot live without;

  • Real Techniques Brushes (I am currently addicted to this brand)
  • Smashbox Primer (so creamy, forms a perfect base for my foundation)
  • Urban Decay Naked Foundation (its light texture can be built to full coverage)
  • Bare Minerals Powder Foundation (use both on it's own or over my foundation)
  • Blank Canvas Palette (perfect for highlight and contouring)
  • Mac Mineralise Stereo Rose Blush (Glows golden on the cheeks)
  • Rimmel Scandalize Mascara (Gives great length to lashes)
  • Penneys False lashes (serious bargain at €1.50 for huge volume)
  • Catrice Liquid Eyeliner (easy to use creates a great line and not too messy)
  • MAC Rebel Lipstick (I have loved this colour for so long)
As you can see, there is a range of products I use to create my daytime and nighttime looks. I am forever trying new products but I think that's the best way to learn what suits you. 

For now, I will be writing a blog twice a week starting with my first one day makeup course with Beauty Bootcamp in Dublin I attended with my friend Karen. I will pull out all the best bits and also dig out some pics from our day.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me;
emmajosephinesheehan@gmail.com

Stay beautiful,

Emma x





No comments:

Post a Comment