Thursday 31 October 2013

Lipstick... A Brilliant Way To Glam Up Every Look

As many of my friends will know lipstick is absolutely my favourite part of make up. Many people could not live without Mascara or Eye Liner but me.. I'm all about my lips.




I have been told in MAC that I have a smashing cupids bow, I had to laugh but she is the expert so I'll believe her :) If you want to have statement make up look, using a bold colour such as a deep red, bright pink or berry purple can really make you stand out. My favourite MAC colours are; Russian Red, Heroine, Candy Yum-Yum and Rebel.



I buy a lot of MAC colours because so far they have had the best staying power for me. If I can afford to get one each couple  of months I always do, trying to build up a rainbow of lip colours. I think the key with MAC is you have to be comfortable wearing a matte colour and sometimes they can be quite drying. 





I recently purchased the lip conditioner by MAC and it's really helping me. It cost €14.50 and you apply it onto your face when you apply your moisturiser. It needs that amount of time to really soak into your lips and then the matte lip colours sit much better and longer on your lips. 


Choosing a matte or high shine lipstick can be difficult so sometimes it is better to have a make up look in mind and ask a beauty consultant which they would recommend. Lipgloss is not my most favourite possession as I just feel it always sticks in my hair when I'm out. I do sometimes use a gloss over my lipstick which is a cheap and cheerful way of creating a third colour so buy your lipstick and gloss in slightly different colours.

Lining your lip is really important and it can also help the lip colour stay on longer. I have two lip liners from MAC but they are quite expensive so I now buy Catrice Lip Liners, Collection 2000 and Essence. I am hoping to try out some sleek liners soon I think the colours are fantastic. To line your lips correctly, always use a sharp liner pencil, blunt pencils will just create a thick messy line. Start from the outside and work your way in towards your cupid bow. Be sure to give yourself a striking triangle and if you don't have the boldest of lips, line them slightly higher than your actual lip and when you apply the lipstick it will create a fuller lip.

Applying lipstick using a small lip brush is the best option. When you use a bullet (that's what they call the lipstick itself so I've heard) it can sometimes appear messy. Applying with a small brush working from the outside in again can create a flawless lip and make sure to go right into the outer edges of the lips. You don't want to smile and begin to speak and have missing lippy ladies.


Some other brands which I love for lipsticks are once again Catrice. So far I have three colours, a pink (Frozen Rose), a nude (Be Natural) and a red (My Red Card) and I love them all. They are high shine, moisturising and great value at only 5.99.







Another fantastic range is Sleek. I have a beautiful berry red colour (Vamp)  and two bright pout paints. Now pout paints are not for the faint hearted, you have to be ready for people to comment because these babies are bright! The colours I have are purple (Mauve Over) and orange (Lava).   


 

Lips can be your defining feature in a make up look with just lashes and liner so go get brave ladies try some new colours soon and let me know how you get on.

Stay Beautiful,

Emma x

Follow me on Twitter: @emmajcsheehan
Instagram: Emma Sheehan emmalvsapose
Email: emmajosephinesheehan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment